We have updated our job description. Please review and give any feedback.
Service/Sales Route Technician
Plunkett’s Pest Control
You probably never thought about working for a pest control company; but it may just be everything you are looking for.
Are you a dynamic, energetic and motivated person who can work independently and with a team? Does the idea of managing your own territory and growing business while providing essential services to our commercial and residential customers every month interest you? Do you have a valid driver’s license and are ready to work on one of the top service teams in the upper Midwest?
Working out of your home, you will be servicing the _______ area. The Route Service/Sales Technician is provided a company truck, competitive compensation and excellent benefits package including vacation, sick time, medical insurance and a 401k retirement plan. Pest control experience is not required; we will train the right person and provide them with all the tools required for a successful career.
The Route Service/Sales Technician will be responsible for an assigned territory to manage each month. You will provide inspections and treatments to a variety of business ranging from restaurants, food plants, warehousing to office buildings and residential homes. You will also be required to build new business through sales.
Essential Job Duties:
• Drive company vehicle to client sites to provide pest management services in a professional and safe manner
• Build route density by finding new prospective clients and looking for ways to add value to existing clients
• Participate fully in training opportunities to enhance knowledge; and to meet requirements for licensing and safety standards
• Work in a safe manner by adhering to OSHA, state requirements, and Plunketts’ policies and procedures
• Maintain proper inventory of tools, equipment, and materials in company vehicle to complete all work and tasks assigned
• Project a professional image; is friendly, pleasant, and courteous when dealing with internal and external clients
• Perform effectively with minimal direction and without direct supervision
• Adapt quickly to change and work under tight deadlines
• Organization of own work and completion of work on a timely basis
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Ability to read, legibly speak, and understand English; must be able to communicate clearly and effectively to clients or Plunkett’s employees
• Requires communication through telephone conversations, face-to-face interactions, and email
• Able to use computer-based and mobile applications
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
• Lift/push/pull 25lbs-50lbs regularly and up to 100lbs occasionally
• Extensive bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching crawling, reaching overhead, climbing a ladder, work in confined spaces, walk for long periods, and sit for long periods.
• Tolerate a variety of environmental conditions, indoors and outdoors during seasonal weather, damp locations, and dusty locations
• Utilize application equipment, inspection equipment, and small hand tools
• The ability to work extended hours and some weekends
• Self-starter with strong problem solving skills; detail oriented
• Exceptional client service skills; team player
• Must have a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
• Physical capability assessment, favorable drug test, and acceptable background record is also required
Plunkett’s is a 3rd generation family owned business established in 1915 – celebrating over 100 years of continued growth! Our 370+ employees enjoy competitive wages and rewards, fantastic benefits, a company sponsored retirement program, continuous training and career development. Plunkett’s is an outstanding, privately owned company that holds a great deal of opportunity for people who want to step up and start an exciting career!
Come join the Plunkett’s family!
Plunkett’s is an equal opportunity employer and committed to hiring and retaining a workforce that reflects the diverse communities we serve.