The revised Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) regulations for Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act and the Vietnam Era Veterans Assistance Act (VEVRAA) are now in effect. The date has come and gone, so what now? What should contractors have in place, and what should they be working on? What is OFCCP doing now, and what might we see on the horizon? Let’s explore these and many other important questions.
First, what should be in place right now? The changes for Section 503 and VEVRAA federal contractors should have in place are:
- Updated Equal Opportunity Clause in applicable subcontracts
- Updated EEO/AA Policy Statement
- Updated EEO tagline for advertisements
- Additional notice to state employment service offices
- Other administrative changes
The Equal Opportunity Clause (EO Clause) is language that must appear in any contract with a subcontractor, supplier, or vendor if your company buys goods or